Emotional Wellness Month: Will Cosmetic Facial Surgery Benefit Me?
People choose cosmetic surgery for many unique reasons; to enhance a favorite feature, to even out an asymmetry, to correct an injury or previous trauma, or to return to a more youthful appearance. At the heart of those reasons is a deep desire to look and feel our best. When you are confident in the appearance that you present, that beauty glows from inside out. The physical benefits of cosmetic facial surgery are immediately visible, but the emotional well-being that comes from the results is not any less impactful.
There are many types of cosmetic surgery that are performed on the face. You only get to make a first impression once, so putting your best face forward is crucial. Surgical options to enhance that impression include:
- Brow lift: Also known as a forehead lift, a brow lift smooths forehead wrinkles and frown lines in between the eyebrows. As its name suggests, a brow lift can also raise sinking eyebrows, returning them to a younger position on the face.
- Eyelid lift: Both cosmetic and medical in nature, an eyelid lift can repair sagging upper eyelids or drooping lower eyelids that interfere with vision and the openness of the eye.
- Rhinoplasty: Colloquially called a nose job, rhinoplasty corrects any desired part of the nose. The procedure can move or change the size of the nostrils, the tip of the nose, the bridge of the nose or the overall shape and size of the nose itself. Deviated septums can also be corrected during the surgery.
- Cheek and lip augmentation: An implant or fat graft is used to increase volume in the face.
- Chin reshaping: Like the cheek and lip area, implants can be used to add shape and volume to the chin, while bone can be removed to create a smaller profile.
- Face lift: Performed to enhance the appearance of the entire face, a face lift raises the entire face by removing excess skin around the face and neck.
You deserve to look and feel your best; cosmetic facial surgery is as discrete or bold as you want it to be so you can achieve the look of your dreams. Ready to feel like a more confident, radiant, beautiful version of yourself? Call (301) 571-0000 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kevin Perman today.